In December 2011 the Task Force presented its Final Report — Moving Canada into the Digital Age — to the Minister of Finance. This report makes a compelling case for Canadian payments system overhaul.
Throughout its work, the Task Force has actively engaged in participatory dialogue and related research. We have sought to capture the essence of this work in our discussion papers:
- On Dialogue: Our Discussion Documents
- Scenarios for the Future of the Canadian Payments System
- The Way We Pay -- Transforming the Canadian Payments System
- Going Digital -- Transitioning to Digital Payments
- Credit and Debit Card Markets
The Task Force crystalized its thinking in a series of policy papers. The policy papers tell the story of how Canada’s payments system needs to change: starting with the needs of users; setting out a new principles-based governance model; defining the legislation necessary to bring about change; and focusing on changes required to provide an updated infrastructure for Canada’s payments system. The policy papers are entitled: